Mrs Caroline Bizouarn
In teaching a Modern Foreign Language at St Anthony’s, we begin with premise that all students should receive a broad and balanced curriculum and that their experiences should be wide and varied, including awareness of other cultures.
Learning a Modern Foreign Language such as French
provides opportunities to:-
* Develop general language skills through a new learning experience leading to positive achievement.
* Raise awareness of other peoples, places and cultures, (particularly European).
* Increase social skills by providing a new context for communication and interaction, enhancing pupil self-confidence.
* Develop speaking and listening skills.
* Provide an enjoyable, real and relevant learning experience.
* Facilitate re-integration into mainstream schools.
* Ensure that pupils have the same curriculum entitlement as pupils in mainstream schools.